FWD data collection, data reduction, analysis, and reporting from the pavement engineering specialists.
A falling weight deflectometer (FWD) is a non-destructive testing device used to evaluate physical properties of pavement. It is used to determine the moduli of existing pavement layers and subgrade for both asphalt and concrete pavements. On concrete pavement, FWD is also used to assess load transfer at joints and presence of voids under the slab. FWD testing can be useful for a variety of applications that range from construction verification of as-built conditions on new projects, to assessment of pavement remaining life due to expected changes in traffic patterns, to determination of pavement rehabilitation needs at project level and network level pavement evaluations.
FWD testing is an essential tool in Pavement Management Systems to identify cost-effective solutions. On design-build and P3 projects, FWD testing is typically conducted on a regular basis to assess pavement structural capacity and rehabilitation needs throughout the maintenance period. The Transtec Group performs FWD data collection, data reduction, analysis, and reporting for highway agencies.
We offer efficient project completion no matter which combination of the following services you choose, individually or grouped.
- FWD data collection
- Data reduction
Benefits of Transtec’s FWD Testing Services
- Full service: We provide FWD data collection, data reduction, analysis, and reporting. Our services can be combined or offered as standalone services.
- Efficiency: Because we specialize in pavements, we can complete projects quickly and maintain exceptional quality.
- Experienced: Transtec has 27 years of data analysis and pavement engineering experience.
- DBE: We’re a minority-owned small business and certified as a DBE in 12 states.
- TxDOT Standard: Our FWD is calibrated to meet all Texas Department of Transportation requirements.
Download the PDF:
What Our Clients Say
There was no question in the trust and professionalism you get working with Transtec. Transtec is at the forefront of the industry when it comes to data collection. Everyone within the firm has extensive knowledge of pavement design and the different remedies for pavement distress.– Josh Jones, Transportation Market Manager with Blastrac/Skidabrader
Transtec is a minority-owned small business & our FWD is TxDOT certified.
We are certified as a DBE in 12 states, including Arizona, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas.