We are seeking someone with a BSCE/BSCET (ABET accredited curriculum). An EIT is required for this position. Your job will be to provide assistance to the Transtec pavement engineering team with pavement testing, pavement evaluation, pavement engineering design, and other related pavement engineering tasks.
You are the type who strives to bring added value and creative ideas that give the client an even better pavement solution than they had expected. You consistently stay on schedule and within budget. You will consistently impress our clients with your efficient and effective work ethic and high-quality deliverables.
Austin, Texas, USA
Negotiable. Depends on your skills and experience.
- Familiar or experienced with GIS, AutoCAD, and Database Software.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with AASTHO guide for design of pavement structures, other pavement design methods, and general soil mechanics.
- Familiar/working knowledge of pavement construction.
- Experience working with project plan sheets and roadway CAD drawings (preferred).
- Experience working with specification and standards.
- General consulting engineering related experience.
- General pavement design and soil mechanics understanding (preferred).
- Prior DOT or consultant experience (helpful).
- Familiar with pavement evaluation (FWD, IRI, friction, GPR, automated van, etc.) (helpful).
- Be willing to travel occasionally.
- Attention to detail/accuracy.
- Have a great attitude, enjoy working closely with a team of enthusiastic and creative people, and have a strong work ethic.
- Communicate effectively (frequently and concisely) with the team, managers and clients.
- Apply innovation in pavement research and engineering.
- Passionate about giving clients superior quality work.
- Fantastic attention to detail.
- Friendly and easy to get along with.
- Nice!!! Nice to talk to, upbeat attitude.
- Organized to a T.
- Consistently sets and meets deadlines.
- Driven to succeed and to make coworkers successful.
- Able to accept criticism without hurt feelings.