FWD data collection, data reduction, analysis, and reporting from the pavement engineering specialists.
Download our free info sheet:
What Our Clients Say
There was no question in the trust and professionalism you get working with Transtec. Transtec is at the forefront of the industry when it comes to data collection. Everyone within the firm has extensive knowledge of pavement design and the different remedies for pavement distress.– Josh Jones, Transportation Market Manager with Blastrac/Skidabrader
A falling weight deflectometer (FWD) is a non-destructive testing device used to evaluate physical properties of pavement. It is able to determine the moduli of both asphalt and concrete pavements’ layers and subgrade soils. The FWD is also used to assess load transfer efficiency and determine the presence of voids under concrete pavement slabs. The FWD has many other applications, including verification of the constructed pavement condition.
For design-build and P3 projects, Transtec’s FWD testing meets TxDOT Design-Build Standard Specifications Section 16.6 for Uniformity of Support Layers.
The Transtec Group performs FWD data collection, data reduction, analysis, and reporting for highway agencies.
We offer efficient project completion no matter which combination of the following services you choose, individually or grouped.
- FWD data collection
- Data reduction
- Pavement engineering
Benefits of Transtec’s FWD Testing Services
- Full service: We provide FWD data collection, data reduction, analysis, and reporting. Our services can be combined or offered as standalone services.
- Efficiency: Because we specialize in pavements, we can complete projects quickly and maintain exceptional quality.
- Experienced: Transtec has 27 years of data analysis and pavement engineering experience.
- DBE: We’re a minority-owned small business and certified as a DBE in 12 states.
- Certified: Our FWD is calibrated to meet state DOT requirements.
Transtec is a minority-owned small business & our FWD is TxDOT certified.
We are certified as a DBE in 12 states, including Arizona, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas.